It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get timeline of a specific workitem via REST API?

Tali Rabetti (111320) | asked May 21 '17, 3:02 p.m.

Hi,
I am using oslc interface to access specific rtc workitems and fetch information of each.
I can get iteration info, but I am interested in getting the corresponding timeline.
How to do that?

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Luis Peregrina (18114) | answered May 22 '17, 3:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 22 '17, 3:16 p.m.

Hello Tali, per https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ResourceOrientedWorkItemAPIv2#Attributes it should be 

https://<HOST>:<PORT>/<CONTEXT>/oslc/workitems/<ID>?oslc_cm.properties=rtc_cm:plannedFor

Comments
Tali Rabetti commented May 25 '17, 5:10 a.m.

Hi Luis, Thanks for our reply.
the PlannedFor gives me the iteration. Is there a way to get from it to the Timeline? If I go to parent it only gets to parent iterations, but not until the timeline level.

Thank you.

Donald Nong commented May 30 '17, 2:16 a.m.

Do you see anywhere that the timeline is displayed alongside with the workitem? Just try to understand the use case and the reason you don't want to iterate through the iterations to get the timeline.

Tali Rabetti commented Jun 01 '17, 2:30 a.m.

Hi Donald,
I am iterating through the iterations by following the url in "rtc_cm:parent" but I am getting only until the highest level of iterations, and not reaching the timeline. I am asking how to get to it.
Thanks!

Luis Peregrina commented Jun 02 '17, 5:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Tali Rabetti commented Jun 03 '17, 1:01 p.m.

Strange, now I see the "rtc_cm:timeline" in the PlannedFor. I don't know how I missed it before. Maybe the work items I tested were missing this information for some reason.
Thank you Donald and Luis for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.