It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get RQM Project Path

sergio sawae (111) | asked May 17 '17, 10:26 a.m.
I know there isn't this built-in execution variable but Is there anyway to get the RQM_PROJECT_PATH and pass it through execution variables?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 17 '17, 9:27 p.m.

What is this variable for? What is your use case?

sergio sawae commented May 18 '17, 7:53 a.m. | edited May 18 '17, 8:08 a.m.
Hello Donald. Thanks for the feedback.
When i execute my script using RQM with shared network location, a copy of the script is made by RQM, to a local test machine and is executed locally, but my script make reference to some files into project that is not copied with the script. So it returns an error that there is not such file at the path.
What i suppose do to solve this, is to make a copy os such files before they are called.
But to make a copy of such files, the script needs to to know where it is at shared network location.
I imagine to pass it through execution variables, but i don't know how to get this path by RQM.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Dec 01 '17, 10:35 a.m.

Hi Donald, 

How I understood your scenario is that you have some of the file in to RQM PROJECT? I have not understood where in RQM PROJECT path you have those files or there references. If you are mentioning about some of the files attached to your RQM Artifacts ( such as Test Case ) then I think you may have to find the URL ( not the shared location) of that attachment to fetch the file on your local machine via your script. Any way I am assuming too much here and would need some more information from your side. 
Could you please explain more about which types of files part of RQM Project which you scripts makes reference to?

However - you are correct about the fact that if network shared location is used then scripts are copied to the machine local to the adapter ( where adapter is running ). And if you mean files in project by Attachments to RQM Artifacts and if you running a command line adapter then - you can use execution variables to pass on the URI of the attachment you want to your functional scripts to use. These URIs can be used to download the attachment ( via REST get on those URI through your Scripts ) on local machine where adapter is running via your scripts and then these files could be used. 

Thanks,
Abhishek

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.