It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict Change Set Delivery to Components in Stream

vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | asked May 17 '17, 3:49 a.m.
edited May 17 '17, 3:51 a.m.

I want to know what is the expected behaviour of Pre Condition when Component Owner option alone is enabled.
I am not configuring any workspaces or roles for the Pre-condition.

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 20 '19, 1:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest you open a defect if you feel the behavior is not what you would expect... that way we can have the discussion in the work item with the SCM team (and discuss potential solutions, such as if disabling the OK if enough information has not been provided in that dialog). The intended purpose of this precondition though is to actually select some desired roles, with the intent that only users with those roles should be able to deliver.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 20 '19, 3:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Based on the text of the question, I don't think the question submitter is saying anything is wrong ... they were just asking for the intended semantics.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 20 '19, 3:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe the intended semantics is that this is "OR"ed with the role-based selections.   So if you check "Owner", then either the Owner of the component, or anyone with the selected roles, can modify the component (or stated otherwise, if Owner is checked, then the Owner can modify the component, even if that owner does not have any of the specified roles).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.