It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which exact permission enables baseline creation permission under Source control

Rakesh Kumar (13110) | asked May 08 '17, 6:18 a.m.
edited May 15 '17, 6:37 a.m.

Requirement: I want to enable "Baseline" creation permission for the role "Team Members"

Problem: While creating a Baseline user is getting the below exception message:
                 don't have the permission to Save stream [server]
                 following additional actions needed: Modify the stream components

Testing from my side:
If I will enable any one permission given below out of three under Source Control (Source control-> Modify-> Stream-> "Modify the Stream Components" ) then user is able to create a baseline.
1. Add the components to the stream
2. Remove components from the stream
3. Replace components in the steam

My use case: I don't want to allow user to add, remove or replace components in the Stream but the user should be allowed to create a baseline.

Is there any relationship between "Baseline creation" & "Modify the Stream Components" ?
Please consider, I am not the expert but learning and here with exception message can I say that there is some relationship.

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 08 '17, 11:20 p.m.

I can't see the relationship between the two. What's the use case?

Rakesh Kumar commented May 10 '17, 3:26 a.m.

@Donald: Thank you, can you plz let me know
Which exact permission enable the "BaselineCreation" permission ?

Rakesh Kumar commented May 15 '17, 4:33 a.m.

Hello, can anyone suggest something here,
Thanks in Advance
BR

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 15 '17, 5:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 15 '17, 5:20 a.m.

I can't find any of the objects you refer to in your question in the Administration UI. I can't find any relationship between even Save Component and baseline creation. Please see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and consider to improve your questions e.g. by actually looking up the UI you ask about.

There is only a permission to deliver a baseline and a permission to change the name and description. It seems to be impossible to prevent creating a baseline. It is only possible to prevent delivering it or to change the name/description once it is delivered..
You can uncheck and check all permissions by unfolding to the level where you want to grant/revoke permission and then select the action.

Comments
Rakesh Kumar commented May 15 '17, 6:51 a.m.

Hello Ralph; Thanks for the answer, I have updated above my requirement, problem, testing done from side and the use case. Best Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.