It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is Sprint Backlog not in Current Plans view?

Maxime Girard (83) | asked May 05 '17, 11:26 a.m.

Hi,

I use the Plans section a lot. There is the Current Plans and All Plans.
Something to note: I have 2 teams in the same Project Area:
Team 1- ITSS Team
Team 2- IIQ Team

When I access the Current Plans section, I only see the current Sprint Backlog for team 1 and 2 + Spring Backlog for team 1. However I don't see the Sprint Backlog for team 2. I am not sure why.

When I access the All Plans view, I do see all plans correctly.

What change I need to do to see the Sprint Backlog of team 2 in the Current Plans view?

Thank you

Comments
Maxime Girard commented May 09 '17, 11:25 a.m.

Can I add more details to better explain my problem?

Ralph Schoon commented May 10 '17, 1:58 a.m. | edited May 10 '17, 1:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What iteration is the backlog set to, does it have a start and an end, is it set to current? 

Maxime Girard commented May 10 '17, 8:32 a.m.

Hmmm,

Is it possible that because this Backlog is under a Timeline that does not have the checkbox "Use this timeline as the projet timeline"?

Can I have 2 timelines "as the project timeline"?

Maxime Girard commented May 10 '17, 8:33 a.m. | edited May 10 '17, 8:43 a.m.

Also, there is no Start and End date set on this Backlog.

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 11 '17, 12:59 a.m.

Whether or not an iteration has a start/end date should have no effect on whether plans for that iteration appear in the Current Plans view.   Also, whether or not an iteration is in the project timeline should have no effect on whether plans for that iteration appear in the Current Plans view.

3 answers

permanent link
Maxime Girard (83) | answered Jun 08 '17, 2:48 p.m.
I will post here for the answer.

I was able to change the option. I used the Eclipse RTC client, opened my project area, went to the tab Process Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Planning -> General. I selected the Backlog and click on a button on the top right that said: Mark the selected Iteration as Backlog Iteration" and clicked save.

It worked ok. I think I may not have the latest Web RTC client and I didn't have this option.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 11 '17, 1:00 a.m.

The "current plans" view should show all plans for:
- all iterations that have a blue triangle, indicated that either that iteration or a child of that iteration has been marked as being the current iteration for the timeline that contains that iteration.
- all iterations that are selected as the backlog iteration for a timeline.

Comments
Maxime Girard commented May 15 '17, 1:23 p.m.

- all iterations that are selected as the backlog iteration for a timeline. 

How exactly I do that? I don't see where is the option to set an Iteration as the Backlog Iteration for a timeline.

Thank you

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 20 '17, 12:53 a.m.

To set the backlog iteration, in the WebUI, edit the project area ("Manage this project area"), and select the Planning->General tab.

Maxime Girard commented May 23 '17, 3:20 p.m.
I have the "Manage this project area" but I don't see any sections named "Planning" with a General Tab.

I would like so much to post screenshots of what I see... but I can't. It seems like I need 60 points or something like that on this site before I can do so.

If you could post a screenshot of this settings, it would help a lot. Thanks.

Maxime Girard commented May 23 '17, 3:36 p.m.

Ok,

I was able to change the option. I used the Eclipse RTC client, opened my project area, went to the tab Process Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Planning -> General. I selected the Backlog and click on a button on the top right that said: Mark the selected Iteration as Backlog Iteration" and clicked save.

It worked ok. I think I may not have the latest Web RTC client and I didn't have this option.

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered May 10 '17, 2:51 a.m.

Have you chosen to display All Team Areas in the Current Plans section?

Current Plans of scrum template

Current Plans shows the Product Backlog, the current (with blue arrow) Sprint Backlog, and the current (with blue arrow) Release Backlog.

I don't think it should show other Sprint Backlog plans. So perhaps your "Sprint Backlog" is of the plan type Product Backlog or Release Backlog?

Comments
Maxime Girard commented May 10 '17, 8:35 a.m.

Hi,

I have added a comment above. I think it is because this backlog is under a timeline that is not checked as the "project timeline".

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 11 '17, 12:54 a.m.

Whether or not the timeline is checked as the "project timeline" should have no effect on whether any of the plans for iterations in that timeline appear in the Current Plan view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.