It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report showing all users and what percentage of their resource has been allocated to what projects.

Lorenzo . (49411) | asked May 04 '17, 8:11 a.m.

Hi,

One of our customers wants to be able to do a report showing all users and what  percentage of their resource has been allocated to what projects.

For this, they need to know how to extract the resource allocation for each resource from the database.   
Do we have the information on table and columns where this data is stored in the RTC v6.0 datamodel.

I have already send the details on  Live_Contributor_Assignment and Live_Contributor_Working_Time
tables that are are described here:

Data Warehouse Snapshot Schemas                                       
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20

I am not sure if this is all we have available.

Thanks very much

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 11 '17, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

First of all, it is discouraged to access the RTC Database directly. You should use the API, if available for that.

As far as I know, User Assignment Information is not stored in the data warehouse either. 

I was able to find several similar questions here: https://www.google.com/search?q=user+assignment+API+site%3Ajazz.net 

There is an internal Java API. Here some snippets I have figured out. Unfortunately I never managed to blog about it.

final IResourcePlanningClient resourcePlanning = (IResourcePlanningClient) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IResourcePlanningClient.class);

private ItemCollection<IWorkResourceDetails> getWorkDetails(
IProgressMonitor monitor) throws TeamRepositoryException {
final IResourcePlanningClient resourcePlanning = (IResourcePlanningClient) this.teamRepository
.getClientLibrary(IResourcePlanningClient.class);
ResourcePlanningManager resourcePlanningManager = resourcePlanning
.getResourcePlanningManager();

IContributorInfo info = resourcePlanningManager.getContributorInfo(
this.user, true, monitor);
ItemCollection<IWorkResourceDetails> details = info
.getWorkDetails(this.user);
return details;
}

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.