It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Kill ETL job?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked May 03 '17, 1:52 p.m.
The CCM Data collection job is scheduled to run everynight at 12 AM. One of the job "workitems" has been running since 11 hrs now. How to kill this job without having to restart the server?

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered May 03 '17, 8:37 p.m.

Hi Pravin,

There are some timeout settings in "Data Connection Configuration". If the DCC job fails, it usually finishes with Failed status. I would advise to check the workitem log file (dcc_etl.log) to see what is happening. It is not uncommon to take 11 hours if there are many changes made or you have not run DCC job for a while.

I am not aware how to force stop the DCC job without stopping application. I assume if the DCC job hangs, the entire DCC application hangs. Then you need to stop the profile first and ensure if the process 'java' for this profile is stopped. If not, kill the process. It is easy if you are running DCC application only in this profile. If not, you will need to stop all applications in the profile altogether.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.