It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define an email notification when a Work Item is changing of State

Pascal Jean (6012440) | asked May 03 '17, 11:56 a.m.

Hello,
I'm using CLM-RTC 6.0.2.
I have a question around the workflow definition.
I understand how to set up a workflow
Now I would like to have someone notified with an email when a state change to a certain value for a certain workitem type.
(i.e. from new to investigate for a Defect).
Is it possible?
In addition, I have the same question but send a notification for the people have the same role or in the same team.

Thank you in advance
Pascal Jean

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 03 '17, 10:34 p.m.

What you described is pretty much the "email rule" in ClearQuest. RTC works quite differently comparing to ClearQuest, so you'd better follow Ralph's advice.

Pascal Jean selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 03 '17, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is the standard e-mail notification that a user can configure for subscribed work items. There is no built in capability that would simply allow to configure the workflow to do what you ask for. 

It is possible to create Java based extensions to do this however. An example  is https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/due-date-notifier-an-asynchronous-task-example/ and it would be possible to do this in a follow up action as well. An entry point https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/build-on-state-change-work-item-save-participant/

PS: RTC has numerous mechanisms built in (e.g. atom feeds) to avoid spamming the users, so that e-mail can actually be avoided.

Comments
Pascal Jean commented May 04 '17, 7:40 a.m.

Thank you Ralph.
I'll look to the mentionned link.
Thank you and Regards
Pascal Jean

Pascal Jean commented May 04 '17, 7:42 a.m.

I should have mark this aslo as an accepted answer but I click the second answer first.
I thought it was possible to accept several answers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.