It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Are there any concerns for JAZZ when moving from Exhange 2003 to 2010?

Keith Murray (1511217) | asked May 02 '17, 11:38 a.m.
edited May 03 '17, 9:48 p.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

We had an IBM consultant set up JAZZ 6.0.1 for us. We utilize SMTP protocol for email and use active directory for login authentication. Should we have questions or should be having concerns about the infrastructure folks moving us from Exchange 2003 to 2010. Please see the email (below) I received about this. All comments and concerns are greatly appreciated. We aren't real sure about the potential impacts and by the sound of things we will not have a test environment. Here is the email:

===================================================================================
The process of upgrading CSC from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 is currently underway.

• The DNS entry for CSC mail (appmail.csc-scc.gc.ca) will remain for now.
• The installation and configuration of Exchange 2010 will occur approximately in the month of June 2017.
• The migration of data will occur starting approximately July 7, 2017 and end by August 26, 2017.
• The migration of mailboxes (both user and generic) and public folders will be migrated in a systematic way on a nightly basis.
What I need from you: It’s believed that the migration will be seamless in most instances, but there is some concern surrounding “authenticated applications” which is where applications
communicate directly with Exchange and not through generic mailboxes. If you feel that your application may be affected by the migration, especially in this manner, please let me know.

=============================================================================

Thanks for anything you can offer.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 03 '17, 10:38 p.m.

If you are really concerned, you can ask your infrastructure folks whether the SMTP authentication and delivery continue to work after the upgrade. As that's a standard approach, I don't see any issues there unless they make changes to not allow such approach any more, which no one on this forum will know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.