It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to find removed work item link from a change set?

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Apr 28 '17, 10:24 a.m.

One of our (experienced) user had delivered a change set to RTC which wasn't supposed to be delivered. Right now the change set has no work item associated.

We have the following set in our PA:
- Restrict Associating to Closed Work Items (Precondition: Deliver (server) )
- Checking if a Change set is associated with at least 1 work item which are not "Resolved"
(Precondition: Save Change set Links and Comments (server))

These settings should have prevented the Change set to have at least 1 work item linked but not.

My guess is that the Work item association would have been removed from the Change set when the work item is in status "In progress".

Here are my questions:
 - Will RTC allow this removing of Work items with the above mentioned settings activated?
- Are there any ways to find out if a "Change set" was ever linked to a work item and the work item details?

Thanks.

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented May 03 '17, 9:13 a.m.

anyone? 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '17, 11:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To make sure you could simply test it on a test system. 

I think you should be able to remove a work item from a change set. If you want to prevent that, you would likely need permissions or a custom advisor. It will get more and more clumsy to use as you would have to prepare roles that can help users to fix issues that could block them. There are extension points that you could use. 

There is a link history you can show in newest versions, I don't know if that would show a removed change set link in the work item history.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.