It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How is the POST request failing for requirement artifact creation in 6.0.3 but worked for 6.0.2?

Chandrasekhar Puliroju (1323) | asked Apr 27 '17, 2:23 p.m.

I am unable to create a requirement via OSLC.  It is likely that there is an undocumented required field missing but I am not sure what the POST request is missing. 

https://oslc-clm.dspace.de:9443/rm/requirementFactory?projectURL=https%3A%2F%2Foslc-clm.dspace.de%3A9443%2Frm%2Fprocess%2Fproject-areas%2F_gLIyoA4_Eeenb8He39gWBw

I just get a HTTPS 400 response back that says to check the server log which doesn’t explain the issue. <o:p> </o:p>

3 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Apr 27 '17, 3:43 p.m.

Are you adding the root folder as part of the requirement creation request? If so, how do you calculate the root folder uri ?

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Apr 27 '17, 6:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The server logs might have an entry that explains why it was a bad request. Check /logs/rm.log and see if you can find an entry that explains the 400.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 27 '17, 10:38 p.m.
edited Apr 27 '17, 11:42 p.m.

There are no undocumented required fields. The two mandatory fields that I can confirm are <oslc:instanceShape> (artifact type) and <dcterms:title>. With only two fields, a new requirement can be created under the root project folder and in the default configuration/stream.

If you need more help, you should post the detailed POST data and the exact error message that you receive.

P.S. When RM reports an error, it should include a brief description. For example, if I take out the <dcterms:title> field from the POST request, I will get this error.

CRRRS6404E  The OSLC request could not be completed because the request is missing this required property: instanceShape.

This is with an HTTP 403 code though. The HTTP 400 error may indicate a different issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.