It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When a javascript won't load because there is a problem with the script

nannette Mori (50575) | asked Apr 27 '17, 8:44 a.m.

Problem:  In the console log it will display a javascript that is not loading due to an error.  If I remove that javascript by removing it from the attribute and removing it from the attribute customization it still shows up in the console log that it cannot load that javascript.  How do I get rid of the offending java script?  The behavior I have been seeing is until I resolve the offending java script the other java scripts do not execute.  Does anyone know to correct this problem. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 28 '17, 1:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 28 '17, 1:46 a.m.
I have seen rare occasions where scripts would not get properly deleted.

You can 

1. Open the project area editor with the Eclipse client.
  2. Switch to the links tab.
  3. Look into the Attachment section and try to locate the script file, if you find it, delete the script, save the change.
  4. After deletion check that the attribute customization for the script is gone.

I think deleting scripts that do not work should never happen. The script should have been debugged and working, before it even got into production. Having to pull scripts because they fail so bad is a really bad sign. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.