It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter error" while doing OSLC workshop example 3 and 4?

shweta ranaware (371751) | asked Apr 26 '17, 8:16 a.m.
edited Apr 26 '17, 8:19 a.m.

Hello All,

I am currently doing OSLC workshop and using clm server 6.X version. but facing some issue while running example 3 and 4 from workshop. I am getting below error:
Apr 26, 2017 5:00:28 PM org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCookies processCookies
WARNING: Invalid cookie header: "Set-Cookie: WASReqURL=""; Expires=Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly". Unable to parse expires attribute: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT
[Fatal Error] :17:78: The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 17; columnNumber: 78; The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.jaxp.XPathImpl.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at net.jazz.oslc.consumer.examples.Example03.main(Example03.java:104)
--------------- linked to ------------------
javax.xml.xpath.XPathExpressionException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 17; columnNumber: 78; The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter.
at com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.jaxp.XPathImpl.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at net.jazz.oslc.consumer.examples.Example03.main(Example03.java:104)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 17; columnNumber: 78; The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
... 2 more
I also refereed the :https://jazz.net/library/article/477 and  https://jazz.net/library/article/635  for Upgraded workshop link and download latest workshop.zip. Please  guide me on above error.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Apr 27 '17, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This obscure error message usually means an authentication issue.  When using the OSLC API with incorrect credentials, the HTTP response contains the HTML login page for RQM.  When paring this HTML response as XML, the XML processor usually complains about the form of that etag element.  Please check your username and password.

Comments
shweta ranaware commented Apr 28 '17, 3:52 a.m.

Hi  Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the credentials that i used in code. but i am getting same error. so can you suggest what would be the another possible solution other than credentials.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Apr 28 '17, 4:24 a.m.

Are you a member of that project area?

shweta ranaware commented Apr 28 '17, 5:53 a.m.

yes ...project is created by user itself.

Donald Nong commented May 02 '17, 2:27 a.m.

The exception was thrown by the second line below.

source = new InputSource(catalogResponse.getEntity().getContent());
                    NodeList titleNodes = (NodeList) (xpath2.evaluate(serviceProviderTitleXPath, source, XPathConstants.NODESET));

You can simply print out the "source" variable and see what you have got, as "source" contains the response body.

Paul Slauenwhite commented May 02 '17, 8:29 a.m.

The project may be created by the user, but the user may not be a member of the project (requires manually adding the user to the project and associating one/more role(s)).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.