It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to restrict Read Access in Project Area (Requierement Management) ?

Theo Havard (111) | asked Apr 24 '17, 11:36 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible on a RM Project Area to give to on a set of users read-permission on an artefact, so that in this PA only those users can see this artefact but no one else (except of course Users with admin privileges).

The only option I saw was to give read-access on the whole Project Area for user list or team's users. I'm looking for a granular read permission on artefact level.

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Edward Chan (553) | answered Sep 16 '23, 2:57 a.m.
edited Sep 16 '23, 3:30 a.m.
I figured out a workaround, by using the built-in DOORS NEXT teams concept instead. By cleverly naming the teams "READ ONLY" and "READ WRITE", you effectively have easy-to-use permissions you can assign as "ownership".
  1. Create a "READ WRITE" team.
  2. Assign everyone to the "READ WRITE" team with the process roles that give them "modify artifacts" rights. 
  3. Remove all members from the top level of the project (so that all members are only in the "READ WRITE" team).
  4. Add the administrators to the top level of the project (but do not assign them process roles that give them "modify artifact" rights). This is so that even administrators will be affected by the "READ ONLY" membership
  5. Assign the ownership of whole project to this new "READ WRITE" team, and flow down this assignment to all modules and base artifacts.
  6. Create a team called "READ ONLY" BUT assign no-one to it. 
  7. Then right-click on the module (or folder) you want to be read-only. 
  8. Set the owner of the module to this new "READ ONLY" team.
  9. Set the owner of the corresponding base artifact folder to the "READ ONLY" team.

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 24 '17, 8:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware of a way to achieve what you are looking for.
DNG is a collaboration tool, and my assumption is that everyone who is a member of a project is somehow involved, and at least has read access.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.