It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export source code from scm to local with batch or perl file?

Sang Mai (111) | asked Apr 21 '17, 4:45 a.m.
edited Apr 21 '17, 6:06 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hello
Are there any ways or method to export/ download source code from scm to local by using batch file or perl file?
For example:
I have a file filetest.cs which already checkin in source control scm. Now I would like to export that file to local for build.
How can I do? Any document about it

3 answers

permanent link
Sang Mai (111) | answered Apr 23 '17, 10:49 p.m.

Thanks for your answer
I know that using command line is not good idea, If I can use RTC Eclipse client, it should be good idea. I will describe a short:
My source code will be checkin in a stream in scm and has 2 parts : project specific and library
Project A = ( Project A specific + library)
Project B = ( Project B specific + library)
Project C = ( Project C specific + library)
Project D = ( Project D specific + library)

library is common for all projects.
I don't know how to do configuration so that whenever I load Project A, library will also be loaded
whenever I load Project B, library will also be loaded
whenever I load Project C, library will also be loaded
My expectation is only one time loading,  loading with many times is not accepted
That's reason why I think about batch file to load library
Any answer for above configuration is welcome with many thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 24 '17, 2:07 a.m. | edited Apr 24 '17, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should consider looking into RTC SCM and play around with it a bit. What you describe above can easily be achieved by using repository workspaces, streams and components - which you would also use if using the RTC SCM command line. How you organize your projects into components is up to you. If you load a repository workspace usually all components are loaded. You have to make an effort not to. You can use hierarchical components to make clear the library is needed.

permanent link
Paul George (514) | answered Apr 21 '17, 11:25 a.m.

Ralph's suggestion is the better one, but I don't see why you would need to export. The files should be on your workstation in your sandbox, presuming you are using the RTC Eclipse client. You might need to reload it or create a new workspace.
If you absolutely had to move the code somewhere else you could copy it from your eclipse workspace to wherever you need to.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 21 '17, 6:13 a.m.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 21 '17, 6:15 a.m.

You should also look into the RTC Build System Toolkit and/or the Jenkins integration for the build part. There is automation in lace that would allow you to load a repository workspace or stream to do the build without the need to code anything or create scripting.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 21 '17, 7:01 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.