It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I control location of base artifact when adding new requirements in a module?

Matt Rosenthal (4817) | asked Apr 19 '17, 10:52 a.m.
edited Apr 19 '17, 10:54 a.m.

In DOORS NG 5.0.2, I created a module for a requirements document.  Whenever I inserted a new artifact in the module, the base artifact ended up in a folder of supporting artifacts for that module. This was nice because when I browse artifacts I just see the module in the top-level folder and can open it from there, with all the base artifacts comprising that module nicely located in the Module's supporting artifact folder.

Since that time, we have migrated to DOORS NG 6.0.2 using ReqIF files (it was not an upgrade, it was a move to a new server with the upgraded DOORS instance).

Now when I create a new artifact in my requirements module, the base artifact shows up at the same level as the module itself (it does not get filed in the supporting artifact folder).  This behavior is undesirable because it starts to clutter my view...I would like newly created artifacts in a module to go into the supporting artifact folder like they did in 5.0.2.  Why is this behavior different?  Is there a setting to make it work the way it did in 5.0.2?

Thanks,
Matt

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 19 '17, 5:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Matt,

You can configure the content folder for the module.  The default behavior for new modules is a folder gets created to hold the artifacts.  For example, if I create a module called "Test123" in the root folder of the project, I'll have a folder called "Test123 Artifacts" under the root folder of the project.  See attached for details on updating the content folder.  Hope it helps,

Update DNG module content folder

Matt Rosenthal selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Matt Rosenthal commented Apr 19 '17, 5:28 p.m.

Brilliant!  Thank you, that did the trick!  

One other answer

permanent link
Andy Detandt (535) | answered Jul 18 '19, 1:35 p.m.

There is a more universal setting under "Manage Component Properties" for all modules in a component. Under Manage Properties, select the Tab for 'Module Options', browse to the folder where you want the base artifacts to be created. Using this features helps keep the end-users working inside the modules instead of the base artifacts. Optionally set the base artifact folder to appear alphabetically last in the folder list.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.