It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we create 2 reports from the same Report Resource?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Apr 18 '17, 9:49 a.m.

There is already a report created from the resource "Closed Work Items by Iteration". I have created another report from the same report resource and selected certain parameters, then saved it with a different name. I can see the report under Shared Reports folder. Now I am going to the dashboard and trying to add a widget for this report but I cannot find this report in the list. If we have 2 reports created from the same resource, is it expected behavior to see only one of the reports on the dashboard?

One answer

permanent link
Salman Shaikh (23412773) | answered Apr 18 '17, 9:56 a.m.

There are few report resources which are not for dashboard widgets. Secondly you can create as many reports as you want using 1 report resource.

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Apr 19 '17, 12:56 a.m. | edited Apr 19 '17, 1:14 a.m.

Thank you, Salman. Then what could be the reason why I am not able to add the newly created report on the dashboard? The older report created with the same resource is seen but not the newly created one. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.