It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NextGeneration APIs

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Apr 13 '17, 3:32 p.m.

I was looking for information on DNG APIs.  In the IBM Knowledge Center for DNG 6.0.3 I cam across this paragraph and link.

The Requirements Management (RM) application provides an HTTP REST API that you can use to perform ReqIF operations. For more information, see the IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation API Documentation page on Jazz™.net.
Is there a link with better information or can you refer me to REST APIs for DNG?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 17 '17, 1:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 17 '17, 1:39 p.m.

The REST API for ReqIF imports is not public, and I am not aware of any intentions of making it public for now. So the Knowledge Center stating that the API can be used, is confusing. It's part of the private REST API, so you could reverse engineer the requests/responses, but it isn't documented and supported, usage at your own risk.

Ways to integrate with DNG that are available:

• OSLC RM V2 API - the open standard way to programmatically integrate with DOORS Next Generation, there is an elaborate workshop to get you started here OSLC Workshop article. These programs can be from any language that support HTTP REST calls, e.g. Java, C# etc. Hence these are more flexible to run and can read and update DNG data, as part of a web server, or standalone, but have some limitations set by the current OSLC standard, for example module support.
  • TRS 2.0 - the OSLC Tracked Resource Set open standard REST API to hook into the stream of low level changes done to resources in the DNG application (and other Jazz apps as well); read only.
  • and additionally, there is the so called client extension capability, these are Javascript extension that generally added as widgets you can run from the dashboard, and can be used to view and edit DNG data. It's more tailored to DNG, so has better module support, but is limited to run in a browser/javascript environment.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 13 '17, 10:36 p.m.

Comments
Robert Carter commented Apr 14 '17, 11:11 a.m.

Thanks for your response.  I was looking for the HTTPS REST API to perform ReqIf imports with an API.

Donald Nong commented Apr 16 '17, 8:20 p.m.

I am not aware of any published API for ReqIF import, so I assume you are talking about the internal API. In this case, the only thing you can do is to capture the network trace and examine its content. I doubt any documents or support will be available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.