It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What Permission to change WI Project Area

Paul George (514) | asked Apr 13 '17, 3:13 p.m.
edited Apr 13 '17, 3:14 p.m.

I am trying to move a Work Item from one project area to another. From what I can find this should be allowed, especially given I'm an administrator. I get the "

".
I can find nothing in help or the permission list concerning 'move' or modifying the project area of a work item.
Does anyone know what permission is needed?

RTC 6.0.1

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Apr 13 '17, 3:45 p.m.

Being administrator or even JazzAdmin does not grant 100% permission within a project.  For example, JazzAdmin is required to Delete a work item, but that JazzAdmin must also have a role in that project that allows "Delete Work Item".

I would think that you must have a role in the target project that allows you to Save Work Item in that project.  There is also a "special" permission under Work Items

Action: Remove work item from team area
Description: Grants the user permission to remove work item from team area.

This may have some bearing on the situation as well.

Comments
Paul George commented Apr 14 '17, 10:33 a.m.

I was aware of that, and have Team Member & Scrum Master roles.  I enabled the remove from team areas privilege, even if we aren't assigning work items to team areas. No change. I need to find out what (missing) permission triggers that error. The problem only exists in some project areas and we have a master project area applied to the projects. Local customizations may be the problem, but it could be the other way around.

Donald Nong commented Apr 16 '17, 8:23 p.m.

Have you check the ccm.log file for more detailed error messages?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.