It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can i create Bidirectional link in DOORS NG

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Apr 12 '17, 8:46 a.m.

I am trying to reference one module to another. When I link an artifact in one module, how can i ensure that the other module has a link automatically created?

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 12 '17, 11:07 p.m.

As Ben said, the creation of back link should be automatic, and I would like to point out two further things.
1. While quite obvious, you need to use a link type that provides bidirectional labels, such as "Link To/Link From", "Referenced By/References" and etc - it appears that all the system-defined links types are bidirectional anyway.
2. If you primarily work on modules, make sure that you always link from/to module artifacts, not base artifacts. That is, always work in a module, not a folder. For example, when making a link, on the dialog, choose "What to look in: This module", not "What to look in: Folders".

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 12 '17, 1:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Lakshmi,

The link should always appear on the artifact that you linked to.  Perhaps you're linking between module artifacts and expecting the link to appear on the module rather than the module artifact?  If you create the link from the module artifact to the module, the link would then appear on the module.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.