It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Empty CSV file on export

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Apr 12 '17, 8:37 a.m.
edited Jul 23 '17, 1:35 a.m.

Hi

I am trying to export a view filled with many attributes such as ID, content, description, Priority, Severity etc and some user defined attributes to a CSV file. The file has the headers (only first row) and the rest of the rows are empty(actual data in the module) . Initially the same export function was working well and generating files correctly , but recently it doesn't work. Could there be a specific reason?

Thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 13 '17, 2:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

lakshmi shree commented Apr 13 '17, 6:15 a.m.

HI Ralph

Thanks. I am trying to export a view filled with many attributes such as ID, content, description, Priority, Severity etc and some user defined attributes to a CSV file. The file has the headers (only first row) and the rest of the rows are empty(actual data in the module) . Initially the same export function was working well and generating files correctly , but recently it doesn't work. Could there be a specific reason?

Donald Nong commented Apr 13 '17, 6:20 a.m.

You'd better modify the original post as most people will read it first. Have you verified that the view has any artifacts? What about other views?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 13 '17, 6:26 a.m. | edited Apr 13 '17, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This never worked with Doors Next Version 0.9 M3 would be a valid answer to your question.

lakshmi shree commented Jul 23 '17, 1:36 a.m.

Hi Ralph 

I have DOORS 6.0 installed . It was working perfectly fine before, but does not work now

Thanks 
Lakshmi 

2 answers

permanent link
vanessa lavender (312) | answered Aug 25 '17, 1:39 p.m.

This has happened to me and my users as well.  I advise them to use .xls instead.  Also sometimes it seems to depend on the browser.  Sometimes if you switch, it will work.  Not a fix but at least a work around.

permanent link
Matthew OReilly (4114) | answered Jun 24 '18, 8:48 p.m.
edited Jun 24 '18, 8:53 p.m.
I did raise a PMR for this, but IBM dropped/lost it when they switched support systems recently.

A work around for me for this issue is

1) check there are no Primary Text / Content fields with blank entries, if there are, you will find a stacktrace error similar the the following in the log
/rm/export/csv] ERROR ing.server.rrs.importer.format.ExportResultsWriter  - Unexpected exception java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.rrs.importer.xls.XlsViewQueryResultsWriter.write(XlsViewQueryResultsWriter.java:651 at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.rrs.importer.format.ExportResultsWriter.render(ExportResultsWriter.java:111)
PS: My XLS files were literally empty - 0 byte files, no content, no headers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.