It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ0742E A connection to the LDAP directory server could not be established.

Daisy Huang (42414) | asked Apr 12 '17, 6:23 a.m.
edited Apr 12 '17, 8:24 p.m.

I got below error when I try to import users from LDAP in https://{ip}:9443/ccm/admin.
"CRJAZ0742E A connection to the LDAP directory server could not be established. Verify the configuration and availablity of the LDAP server."

I installed the RTC and LDAP in the same server and I can get correct result from "telnet localhost 389" and "netstat -an |grep 389" and I can also logon to LDAP web tool which means LDAP is up and fine.

I used "ldap://localhost:389" in LDAP registry location in jts/setup step 6# and got a warning "authentication failure of LDAP registry". I got the same warning when I try "ldap://{ip}:389" and "ldap://{hostname}:389"

BASE DN and group map are set up by LDAP engineer and supposed to be correct.

Do you have any idea about this?

Comments
Lily Wang commented Apr 12 '17, 8:35 p.m.

Which application server are you using? Have you configured the LDAP correctly in the application server?
As you had authentication error, you need to check if the LDAP configuration is correct which include bind user. Please follow the technote http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21445366 to verify LDAP configuration.
If you still have issue, please provide the error message in jts.log and also your LDAP configuration.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 12 '17, 10:48 p.m.

If you get an "authentication error" when verifying the LDAP connection, it means that the LDAP server does not allow anonymous access and you have not put in the correct username/password combination.

If you go to the Advanced Properties page of /jts/admin, you can double check such setting in the "com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider" section (be careful that there are two other sections with similar names).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.