It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0.3: is it possible to "complete" a change set (before delivery)?

Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | asked Apr 07 '17, 7:39 a.m.
closed Jul 15 '18, 8:47 a.m.

I have enabled for configuration management a DNG 6.0.3 project area.
The DNG change sets are linked to RTC work items.
I wonder whether it is possible to prevent users from doing further changes in a change set before deliverying it.
I mean, something like the "complete change set" operation in RTC, which actually "locks" the change set when it is still in the repository workspace.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 05 '19, 8:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To my knowledge, no, this is not supported.  You could create an intermediate stream, the "review" stream, and then deliver the change set to the review stream, which then "freezes" the change set.   But this requires the extra review stream, and in case the review fails, requires creating a new change set to fix up the first change set.

Luca Martinucci selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Feb 05 '19, 11:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Correct, this is not supported.
Reviews can be against streams and baselines, not change sets. And for a formal review, where you review against a particular version of a set of artifacts, you create a baseline to review against.

I can follow you line of thinking, so you could file a Request for enhancement against DNG for either locking a change set, or somehow a frozen change set where the review is created against.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.