It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can i prevent check in with code not associated to RTC workitem

ahmed bayoumi (134) | asked Apr 06 '17, 9:29 a.m.

if the code they want to checkin is not associated to RTC workitem, they are able to do checkins 

We want to mandate the process, if code is not associated to work item, it shoudnt allow them to checkin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Apr 06 '17, 9:52 a.m.

Hi Ahmed,

Enable the "Require Work Item and Comments" Operation: Check-in (server)

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_process_preconditions.html

Verifies that change sets have work item links and/or comments. The precondition can be configured to require change sets to have a comment or a work item/change request (OSLC link).

If a work item is required, the owner and target iteration can be verified. Although it makes sense to constrain the work item owner and iteration in development streams, this requirement is not true of integration streams, since:

• Change sets are often delivered by release engineers, so the owner identity check blocks the delivery.
  • If change sets were delivered to the development stream in previous iterations, then associated work items were likely targeted to those iterations.

Regards,

Arun.

ahmed bayoumi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 07 '17, 2:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Operational behavior on check-in is not yet available. To be able to use operational behavior to control check in is planned for RTC 6.0.4.

In addition, there is not necessarily a change set before a check in, so I don't see that a pre condition to require a comment or a work item for check in would make any sense. 

Advisors to require a work item or a comment is available for the deliver operation in all current versions of RTC.

One other answer

permanent link
ahmed bayoumi (134) | answered Apr 06 '17, 11:03 a.m.

Thanks Arun  so much for help

i do that but it can be done on Deliver , and no check in option 

and i want to ask you that i did it in Web interface , that will reflect to  clients?

Thanks

Comments
ahmed bayoumi commented Apr 06 '17, 11:06 a.m.

So i did in Deliver in WEB in the server side , is that correct ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.