It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to recover the deleted files from the RTC main stream on the server.

Arun Kumar (1129) | asked Apr 06 '17, 2:22 a.m.

Hi,

I have two streams, one is main stream and one is development stream in RTC (6.0.3).
All the developers will deliver to the development stream and from there one person will be responsible to move it to the main stream.
In the development stream there is one component and in that 4 folders were there.
Now, one developer created repository workspace and loaded the component by which 4 folder got downloaded in his sandbox. He deleted the 4 folder and created a new folder and delivered to the development stream.

By this all the four folders which was there in the development stream got deleted and now only one folder is available.
In the history, with the help of changeset I am able to see the deleted folders.

Now how retrive those deleted folders back to the Development stream.

Regards,
Arun

3 answers

permanent link
Arun Kumar (1129) | answered Apr 06 '17, 4:01 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the response.

I have tried with the reverse option but not able to retrieve the deleted files. I have to try the second option provided by you.

Thanks,
Arun

permanent link
Arun Kumar (1129) | answered Apr 06 '17, 4:00 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the response.

I have tried with the reverse option but able to retrieve the deleted files. I have to try the second option provided by you.

Thanks,
Arun

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 06 '17, 2:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 06 '17, 2:41 a.m.

One way I can think of would be to load the current state of the stream in a repository workspace, to locate the change set that does delete the folders and the reverse that change set.

Another way would be to create a repository workspace based on a baseline prior to the delete and then accept the change sets you want and not the deleting change into the repository workspace. The latter approach has the issue that the change set with the folder deletion might be in some repository workspaces and could still be delivered.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.