It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Results Preview does not seem to work on ENUMERATIONS table

Steve Cotugno (41159) | asked Sep 11 '09, 7:53 p.m.
I'm using enumerations and cannot get a result preview back in the report designer in RTC 2.0 on the WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT.ENUMERATIONS table.

My question is what event triggers the population of the ENUMERATION table in the WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT? The following action did NOT update the ENUMERATION tables:
- saving the Process Configuration template with the new enumerations
- In RTC Web, on the Project's Report Menu, updating all the snapshot tables

So when I create a data set and previewed the results of that data set (the data set is based on the WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT.ENUMERATION table) it does not return any results.

I do not understand why I cannot get a results preview on the a simple data set of the ENUMERATION table? What event causes data to be put into the ENUMERATIONS table?

However, following the steps from the video (http://jazz.net/library/video/288), I was able to get the custom enumeration values using the technique in the video. It is not at all intuitive though.

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 14 '09, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The enumerations table is a live table. It does not get its data from the data warehouse. The table is also special in that it requires one project area to be passed as a data set parameter. In 2.0.0.1, you can set the PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID to '{Current Project Area}'.
In 2.0 you have to use the convoluted way of fetching the current project area and passing its item id as demonstarted in the video.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.