It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the REST API extract duplicate steps from a testscript

Jon Dorn (112) | asked Apr 04 '17, 9:44 a.m.

Looking at a test script in RQM, I see 4 steps. Following the example to extract a specific script, it pulls each step twice and the stepIndex, ns7:name, and ns7:title values are the step #.

I added / deleted a step between 1 & 2 to affect a change to the script and redid the extract, and step 2 now shows up 3x, but with the context.

Is there some way to only extract 1 copy of each step, with the correct context?

One answer

permanent link
Pedro Castro (1326) | answered Apr 04 '17, 11:35 p.m.

Could I see that script? I don't know exactly what are you trying to do and that will be helpful.
Thanks

Comments
Jon Dorn commented Apr 05 '17, 10:18 a.m.

Here is the call:
java -jar RQMUrlUtility.jar -command GET -user <user> -password <pwd> -filepath C:\RQM_Script423.xml -url https://ratsuite177.sby.ibm.com:9443/qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/String%20Test/testscript/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testscript:423

Looking at the XML it only contains a single entry for each step, so showing multiple copies of a step is an Excel issue.   However, not downloading the test scripts details is an issue - example in another comment

Jon Dorn commented Apr 05 '17, 10:24 a.m.

<ns2:steps>
<ns9:step ns3:id="_xxQ" type="execution" stepIndex="1">
    <ns9:name>1</ns9:name>
    <ns9:title>1</ns9:title>
    <ns9:description>
        <div:div xmlns stuff...>Open to API Tester</div:div>
    </ns9:description>
    <ns9:expectedResult>
        <div:div xmlns stuff...>API tester is opened</div:div>
    </ns9:expectedResult>
</ns9:step>

ns9:description and ns9:expectedResult are also not imported by Excel

Jon Dorn commented Apr 05 '17, 10:27 a.m.

Step 2 from same script - notice ns9:name and ns9:title are populated with scripts information, and not the step # as in my previous comment.  Name and Title appeared after I inserted and deleted a step between steps 1 & 2.  Steps 3, 4, 5 ... also still show the step # in the ns9:name and ns9:title fields

<ns9:step ns3:id="_xxQ" type="execution" stepIndex="2">
    <ns9:name>Check "Is a Service?" </ns9:name>
    <ns9:title> Check "Is a Service?"</ns9:title>
    <ns9:description>
        <div:div xmlns stuff...>Check "Is a Service?" fill in the UserId and Password with correct credentials</div:div>
    </ns9:description>
    <ns9:expectedResult>
        <div:div xmlns stuff...>Fields are filled with correct information</div:div>
    </ns9:expectedResult>
</ns9:step>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.