It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC stream attached to non-modifable component like ClearCase UCM

GURVINDER SOKHI (731340) | asked Apr 03 '17, 9:16 a.m.

In RTC is there a way to attach a component in read only (non-modifiable) mode on a stream ? Similar to ClearCase UCM when you dont check the option/policy to modify a component attached to a UCM project?

User case below:

Say that streamA is attached to comp1 and comp2. How can we make comp2 attached to streamA to be set in read only mode? I.e. developers cant modify or deliver content from comp2 ?

Bear in mind comp2 is being developed in streamB and should be only modifiable at one central stream.

streamA is only consuming comp2 in read only mode and periodically taking latest baseline on-demand basis from streamB.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Apr 04 '17, 1:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To restrict delivery to comp2 in a stream you could set up the "Restrict Change Set Delivery to Components in a Stream" precondition and setup a role and choose who can deliver.

From version 603 onwards you can also specify which source workspace/stream could deliver to a particular component. You could setup such that StreamA itself is the source for comp2 which implies no workspace/stream can deliver any changes to it.

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented May 05 '17, 6:52 a.m.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried using "Restrict Change Set Delivery to Components in a Stream" precondition method but I get the attached error. Any idea why ? Also it is necessary to setup additional roles in RTC as to who can deliver comp2 on a specific stream ? My requirement is that I want no RTC roles to delivery comp2 changes on a specific stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.