It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item history tab shows an attribute that are removed

Jayshri Burde (2818) | asked Mar 29 '17, 7:38 a.m.

Hi,

We had created custom attributes, added into tab (Tab1) of the work item through editor presentation for custom work item.
As my requirement was changed so that I removed the tab1 from editor presentation and created new tab Tab2 and configured the tab2 in custom work item from editor presentation.

Now when I create new work item then after creation of work item, in history tab it shows the old attributes data (Tab1 attributes) and tab2 attributes.

Can any one knows why history are showing data from tab1 which is already removed from editor presentation.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 29 '17, 8:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just because you don't use the attributes any more, they don't get deleted, they are valuable data from the history.

Also, the editor presentations and tabs only have influence on how and where the user can see the values in said tab or editor presentation. You might have attributes you don't have in some of those, but they still show up in queries and you can actually also modify them there.

Comments
Jayshri Burde commented Mar 30 '17, 4:53 a.m.

Thank you Ralph!

Could you please elaborate more on where to modify and how? 

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 30 '17, 5:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  • Create work item query
  • Add all available links and attributes to query result display
  • Run query
  • Notice all attributes, including attributes removed from editor presentation are available
  • Dependent on the attribute type some are changeable in the query result 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.