It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help using RM.Client.SetSelection()

Tali Rabetti (111320) | asked Mar 27 '17, 3:28 a.m.
edited Mar 28 '17, 5:40 a.m.

I am trying to create a dashboard widget that will select all artifacts in a module view.
I am using RM.Client.setSelection() on a set of all artifacts. I am using more or less the same code from the API example. However, only some of the artifacts are getting selected (usually 61!).
The set that is being passed to SetSelection() has more than 61 artifacts.
Any idea what could it be?

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Tali Rabetti (111320) | answered Apr 04 '17, 2:02 a.m.

I got help from support, so I'll answer my own question here, in case someone ever meet the same problem and stumble across this question.

The reason for this funny behavior is a server property called "Number of Artifacts to load at a time in modules", which by default is set to 30, and affects the number of artifacts that are getting selected at a time. The property can be changed in by server admin, in rm/admin, in "advanced properties", however, this will impact the performance when opening or scrolling a module, so changing this property should be done carefully.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.