It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing MPP file into RTC Plan with Custom Fields

Salman Shaikh (23412873) | asked Mar 26 '17, 10:57 a.m.
retagged Mar 31 '17, 10:31 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I have a MPP Plan file having Attributes (System , Subsystem and Task Type) I have the same attributes in RTC Plan and in task work item. The above fields are marked mandatory as well.

I have tried to check XML(Exporting from RTC or Converting MPP to XML) but didn't found anything helpful. What can be the best approach to achieve this

2 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Mar 31 '17, 10:30 a.m.

If I'm not mistaken, the RTC Import wizard requires that you import the XML file.  See Importing and exporting plans with Microsoft Project and Importing, exporting, and reimporting project plans in the web client for details. 

Ken

permanent link
Krunal Gaoli (67869) | answered Mar 27 '17, 12:31 a.m.

Hi Salman,

what exactly you want to achive. I mean whether you want to convert MPP into XML or Import converted XML from  MPP into RTC ?

If you want to convert MPP into XML then please open MPP and save as your plan as xyz.XML.

If you want to import MPP into RTC and while importing getting error please share that error.

Best Regards.  

Comments
Salman Shaikh commented Mar 27 '17, 5:00 a.m.

I want to import MPP file with custom columns and want to map those custom columns in RTC custom attributes as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.