It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG process template does not export all the customization in project area

Dastan Ali (17616) | asked Mar 25 '17, 6:05 a.m.
retagged Jan 30 '18, 7:39 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

I created lifecycle project, for requirement management i have used traditional requirement template. I customized the requirement project area, added new roles and assigned permissions. Artifact types in original project area are Feature, Heading, Information, Personal Collection, Release Collection, Requirements, Requirements Specification, Stakeholder Request, term. I selected the default work flow for each of these artifact type which enables me the permission Modify an artifact of a specific type in a workflow state.

I exported process template of this project area and imported it back to server. When I created project area out of this process template I could see only tow artifact types which are Requirement and Test Plan Collection, I am not understanding why it did not get all the artifact type from original project area. Also "Modify an artifact of a specific type in a workflow state" was not enable by default, I had to select default workflow for artifact type to enable this permission.
I was expecting all the artifact types to be in new project area and "Modify an artifact of a specific type in a workflow state" permission already enabled as I done this in original project area and exported the process template.
Can anybody please let me know what I am missing here, why I am not getting all the artifact type or original project area and why "Modify an artifact of a specific type in a workflow state" is not already enabled.

One answer

permanent link
anup Gaur (1392244) | answered Mar 25 '17, 6:29 a.m.
edited Mar 25 '17, 6:30 a.m.

Hi Dastan,

unlike the export / Import of the CCM and QM process templates, you have the "Project Templates" in RM which you can use use for creating a project template and using it for creating a project area. The project area template can have use the existing artifacts like modules etc. and that can be pre populated for a new RM project.
Use the URL below to create a new Project Template.

Use the forum question below for more details.

Sorry I'm not sure about the other part. Hope somebody else can answer that 
"Modify an artifact of a specific type in a workflow state" is not already enabled."

Comments
Dastan Ali commented Mar 25 '17, 7:20 a.m.

Hi Anup,

I figured out that there is difference in Process template and Project template, I created project template on the server. When I create the project area out of this project template I can see the permission "Modify an artifact of a specific type in a workflow state" already enabled, problem here is How can I attach this project template with process template.
I want to create customized lifecycle process template. When we create lifecycle project using "Quality Professional, Analyst, Developer" template it gives 5 options for requirement project area, to add my project template to list I had to export this lifecycle process template and edit XML file. I uploaded customized lifecycle process template to server. When I create lifecycle project from customized lifecycle process template I am able to see the project template I created in dng but I am getting error mentioned in other comment

Dastan Ali commented Mar 25 '17, 7:21 a.m.

Error I am getting

Error instantiating the template: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://localhost:9443/rm/projects. The response was: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request.

Is there any way to attach project template with process template in DNG

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.