It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.3 Reporting services: How can I schedule and save reports?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Mar 23 '17, 4:40 p.m.

Hi, 

I would like to schedule a report to have run it every x days and times, and save the results. it is possible with the reporting Services that is included in IBM RTC 6.0.3
Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Apr 04 '17, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rafael,

Jazz Reporting Services 6.0.3 does not include any functionality to schedule reports.  Up to this point, I'm not aware of any planned enhancement to include something like this in the future.

Kind regards,
Clara

Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Murphy (9621317) | answered Apr 05 '17, 10:47 a.m.
You can write scripts to do this. I wrote a python script to do this since there's a REST API behind JRS.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Apr 05 '17, 10:54 a.m.

Thank you! Kevin, is there any possibility that you may can share your script?

Thanks!

Kevin Murphy commented Apr 05 '17, 11:05 a.m.

Rafael,

I'm an IBM business partner and I wrote the script for a client, so I cannot share it.

I can tell you that the script I wrote is flexible and instead of saving the report it emails a list of users.

I can always rewrite the script from scratch, but I would have to charge for this as I don't have a lot of free time these days.

I just wanted to let you know it's possible. You can reach me at http://www.baselinesinc.com and use the contact form.

Wish I could help more, and who knows, maybe I can.

Kevin Murphy commented Apr 05 '17, 11:07 a.m.

One more tip: You can use the RPE Web Builder if you use RPE. In 6.0.3, you can export a JRS report to RPE. You can then import that report into the Web Builder and schedule it there.

NOTE: I have NOT done this personally yet, so I may be wrong. But this is my understanding of how that system works, and it would be worth your time to look into if you have access to Rational Publishing Engine. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.