It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deliver changes to RTC from Jenkins job?

Evin Robertson (3036) | asked Mar 21 '17, 8:33 a.m.

I would like to check in / deliver some build results to an RTC stream from a Jenkins pipeline job.

There's a recent enhancement to the Jenkins plugin which seems aimed at what I need, but I don't see documentation or an example of how to accomplish this.

If I try to use lscm, it doesn't have Jenkins' credentials and I get "CRJAZ0100W A password is required."

Is there some way to pass the Jenkins credentials to lscm? Are there API calls I can make with groovy from within Jenkins?

One answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Mar 28 '17, 12:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 28 '17, 12:20 p.m.

If you are using pipeline jobs, there is a withCredentials step that allows you inject username,password from a credentials object into variables that can then be used in the scm/lscm command.

Comments
Evin Robertson commented Mar 28 '17, 12:29 p.m.

Thanks, the credentials-binding plugin works to get the username/password to lscm. Now my problem is that RTC thinks my workspace (created with "checkout scm") is out of sync.

Problem running 'checkin':
Local file system is out of sync. Run 'lscm load' with --force option to reload the workspace.

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Mar 28 '17, 12:52 p.m. | edited Mar 28 '17, 12:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you get the same error when using scm command instead of lscm?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.