It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you get the progress bar in RPE to update?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Mar 20 '17, 4:12 p.m.

The progress bar in RPE seems to be stuck at 14% when generating a document from DNG. How can I get it to update? Is there a way to force the update from within the RPE template? Some JavaScript call?

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Mar 21 '17, 8:12 p.m.

Hi David,

You could take a look at job details for this document generation job in VIEW section of document builder. This dialog give progress/event information about the doc gen job.

Which version of RPE Document Builder are you using? If 2.1.1. you could kill/stop this job from Admin screen through All Jobs page.

Regards,
Kumar

David Clark commented Mar 21 '17, 8:18 p.m.

Thank you Kumar, I am not using document builder. This is an RPE template pulled directly from DNG through the Reports menu drop down.

One answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Mar 21 '17, 7:12 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi David,

Are you using customer template or out of the box template to generate a document from DNG? I would say there is issue with the template and therefore, the progress bar is stuck. Did you look at the log file if there are any information? 

Comments
David Clark commented Mar 21 '17, 8:22 a.m.

It does not matter - either the templates I created with RPE or the out of the box templates. In my experience UI issues like that can be resolved with an API call to refresh the dialog or an API call to send new data to the dialog, but I do not see a method to do so. 

I also do not know how to get access to the dialog reference in order to update if it is there. I am not a Java or Java Script developer - C, C++, C#... 
There is no information in the log file concerning the progress bar.

Fariz Saracevic commented Mar 21 '17, 9:12 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which version of DNG are you using? Did you open a ticket with IBM support on this issue?

David Clark commented Mar 21 '17, 8:17 p.m.

I am using 6.0.2 ifix08 - no I have not put a PMR in for this specific issue. L3 knows me by name, I have submitted so many PMRs for DNG. :-)

But I could PMR this as well.
Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.