It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] iFix installation - quick question

Matthew More (40212) | asked Mar 20 '17, 3:18 a.m.
closed Mar 06 '23, 5:05 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

hi,

Im installing new jazz server DNG 6.0.2 and my question is, should i install iFix using insulation manager on all servers or only on JTS?
QM, RM,DCC,CMM,DB are installed on separate servers 

Comments
almsupport alm commented Jun 12 '19, 12:24 a.m. | edited Feb 14 '23, 4:26 a.m.

HI,

In our environment QM, RM,CCM,DB are installed on separate servers.
Can i update i fix only for RM server?
Is it possible?
otherwise it will effect any other

Regards,
Nageswari 

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 12 '19, 2:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. Create your own question instead of ANSWERING a question that has already been accepted with a new question. 
  2. If it is urgentopen a case with support.

HuaXiao Jiang commented Feb 14 '23, 12:14 a.m. | edited Mar 06 '23, 5:05 a.m.

how to clear elm cache and was application cache

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 14 '23, 2:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to participate in this forum and you have a question, ask your own question. Do not answer on other questions that are already correctly answered. Thank you. 

HuaXiao Jiang commented Feb 14 '23, 2:17 a.m.

OK,Thanks

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by davidhoney Mar 06 '23, 5:05 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered Mar 20 '17, 5:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The steps you found are correct.
The zip file mentioned in step c is inside the Ifix  .zip you download. Of course the name difference depending on the Ifix. Also included in this .zip  is a readme, that contains detailed instructions on how to apply the Ifix.

So as for your initial question:
Yes, the Ifix should be applied on all servers (QM, RM,DCC,CCM and JTS), because Ifixes contain fixes for all these products.

Matthew More selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Rakesh S (39112) | answered Mar 05 '23, 11:19 p.m.

To clear the application and class cache on WebSphere Application Server:

Remove the contents from these directories under the profile root:

<WASInstall>/AppServer/profiles/<profile-name>/temp

<WASInstall>/AppServer/profiles/<profile-name>/wstemp

Note: Just remove only the contents and not the entire directory.

For UNIX platforms, run the following script: <WebSphere_HOME>/bin/clearClassCache.sh 

For Windows platforms, run the following script: <WebSphere_HOME>\bin\clearClassCache.bat

permanent link
Matthew More (40212) | answered Mar 20 '17, 4:13 a.m.

I found some article :

To install the server patch:

a. Stop the CLM server. b. Verify whether the following directory exists: <server_installation_directory>/server/patch. -If the directory exists, back up and then remove its contents. -If the directory does not exist, create it. c. Copy the server patch file, CLM_server_patch_6.0.2.0-CALM602M-I20170120-0014.zip, into the /server/patch directory. d. Clear the application server cache. For instructions on clearing the cache, consult the application server's detailed documentation. For instructions on what to remove, see the "To clear the application cache on WebSphere Application Server", "To clear the application cache on WebSphere Liberty Server" and "To clear the application cache on Apache Tomcat" sections in this file. e. Start the CLM server. f. Run repotools-<app> -clean for each application that is installed to clear the repotools cache. Note: This will also display the help output. For instance: - repotools-jts -clean - repotools-ccm -clean - repotools-qm -clean - repotools-rm -clean g. To ensure that the Data Collection Component mapping files are correctly updated, please follow the instructions in the DATA COLLECTION COMPONENT INSTRUCTIONS section below

Note: For a distributed CLM deployment, complete the same steps on each server, including the DCC server, if the DCC component exists on a separate machine.

just to be sure in few words ... 

stop machine 

copy fix pack

start machine 

run repotools-xxx -clean  on each machine