It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New JBE options in CLM 6.0.3

Alan Sampson (93749) | asked Mar 17 '17, 12:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 18 '17, 1:46 p.m.

I see some new optional arguments are available in the JBE for CLM 6.0.3:

-includeEnvironment   (include environment variables as build properties)
-propertyFile <property file path>   (path to a property file which contains properties to include in the build properties)

but there is no description in the accompanying readme.txt or the doc. on Jazz.net

Are there details, descriptions, examples etc. that would explain how to use them?

FYI: I can see all the options by running the jbe command without any arguments:
>jbe
CRRTC3501E: The following required argument is missing: "-repository".

Example usage: jbe -repository https://repository:9443/ccm -userId buildUser -pass myPassword123 -engineId engine1

Required arguments:
-repository <repository address> (address of a Jazz repository)
One of the following:
1. -userId <user id> (user id of a user defined in the Jazz repository) AND (-pass <user password> or -passwordFile <password file path>)
2. -certificateFile <certificate file path> (the file containing the user's login certificate) AND (-pass <user password> or -passwordFile <password file path>)
3. -smartCard (tells JBE to use the connected smart card for authentication) AND -userId <user id>
4. -kerberos (tells JBE to use Windows user credentials using Kerberos/SPNeGO)
5. -integratedWindows (tells JBE to use Integrated Windows Authentication)

Optional arguments:
-engineId <engine id> (engine id of a build engine defined in the Jazz repository, default is "default")
-includeEnvironment (include environment variables as build properties)
-passwordFile <password file path> (path to a file created with -createPasswordFile)
-propertyFile <property file path> (path to a property file which contains properties to include in the build properties)
-repositories <repositories file path> (path to file containing info about one or more repositories and their credentials)
-sleepTime <seconds> (sleep interval for build request polling, default is 30 seconds)
-verbose (for detailed logging of build engine activity)

For additional information about the Jazz Build Engine and its arguments (e.g. -createPasswordFile) please see the readme.txt located in the "buildsystem" directory.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 20 '17, 1:30 p.m.
edited Mar 20 '17, 1:30 p.m.

Well, to me they seem obvious, but let me explain what I'd expect..

-includeEnvironment   means that shell(1) variables that exist in the run time will be passed using -Dsymbol=value

-propertyFile pretty much the same as above but read from a file with lines like 

symbol=value
symbol2=value2

(1) Type 'set' and hit enter works in many command shell contexts ( windows for sure, it's hard to discern what yours is ); env or printenv for most *nix will show environment variables.

partial env in my RHEL workstation

TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
HISTSIZE=1000
XDG_SESSION_COOKIE=ab0b9084f62d923033a1d2ac00000040-1489520059.16761-724642352
WINDOWID=100687832
QTDIR=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3
QTINC=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/include
IMSETTINGS_MODULE=IBus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.