It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Accessing RTC artifact as web resource

Jerome Green (111) | asked Mar 17 '17, 3:30 a.m.

What I want to be able to do is access XML schemas I have defined and stored in RTC via URLs that are linked from other web pages, preferably without consumers having to authenticate. E.g from design documents etc.

I know it is relatively straight forward with SVN or GIT.

Can this be done using Jazz?

Comments
Christophe Lucas commented Mar 20 '17, 5:42 a.m.

Hi Jerome, I understand you want to be able to fetch the contents of 1 file that is under RTC SCM, and display that file content on an external web page/site that you are building. 

Have you considered using RTC SCM CLI (to fetch that file content, using 1 generic RTC user ID/pwd) to do this ?

One answer

permanent link
joe meagher (6612) | answered Mar 20 '17, 8:22 a.m.

If you can use 1 generic RTC user ID/pwd, you could always use the "source control" menu on the website to give access to the latest on a stream, or some previously defined baseline.  However, the user would need to login via the generic ID/pwd.

Or, you "could" load a workspace on a seperate web server, then have a JBE build process that accepts changes and loads the workspace on some schedule.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.