It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Should I be able to create a DNG 6.0.3 Artifacts filter using the Implemented By link type?

Todd Dunnavant (571017) | asked Mar 10 '17, 10:29 a.m.

Configuration:
Continuous Engineering 6.0.3, ifix 001.
I have DNG, RQM, and RTC project areas associated with each other.
I am working in the context of a global configuration.  I'm able to create Implemented By links from DNG artifacts to RTC work items. I'm able to create Validated By links from DNG artifacts to RQM test cases.
I am not able to filter a DNG artifacts view based on the existence (or absence) of an Implemented By link.
Further, I'm not able to filter a DNG artifacts view based on the existence (or absence) of a Validated By link.

Is this expected behavior?  That is, is it expected that I can't filter DNG views based on cross-domain link types?

One answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Mar 12 '17, 6:37 p.m.

When you filter, select "Limit by lifecycle status" to filter by the linked development and test artifacts. You can filter based on existence/non-existence ("all"/"none") of the link, and also to some extent on the status of the linked artifact (e.g. "passed/failed").  You're correct that those cross-application link types aren't shown if you select the "Link types" filter.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.