It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import data from RTC to excel

Melody Melody (1113) | asked Mar 03 '17, 1:26 p.m.
edited Mar 03 '17, 1:57 p.m.

Hello,

I would like to import data from RTC to excel without manually exporting the work item information each time I want to refresh the data. Is there a way to do this automatically?

TIA

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 05 '17, 7:39 p.m.

So you want pull the RTC data directly into Excel, using a macro or plugin within Excel, correct?

Melody Melody commented Mar 07 '17, 4:40 p.m.

Yes, currently the process is download as spreadsheet and then manipulate the data weekly

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 06 '17, 3:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Sian O'Briain (35921) | answered Mar 07 '17, 5:35 p.m.

If you don't want to use visual basic you could also use OSLC with any language of choice to get the data and then output the results to a csv file.

permanent link
Melody Melody (1113) | answered Apr 17 '17, 5:39 p.m.

Thanks but we are not allowed to execute scripts at work. I was looking for a way to import the data into excel and found that i can do it through the Jazz Builder Reporting service.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 18 '17, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You could use the Jazz Reporting Service Report Builder to create a report with work item information and export to excel. There is an option to export with "live links", which you can refresh with a push of a button in your excel spreadsheet.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.