It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I determine active users?

Stephen Valliere (231418) | asked Mar 02 '17, 11:03 a.m.

Is there a way to get an idea how active a user is in the CLM system? Given a specific user ID I would like to get information about how frequently they log in or at least their last login date. Either in the GUI or via OSLC would be fine.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 02 '17, 11:25 a.m.

If you have access to the server side and the environment is configured with floating licenses, one might leverage the repotools-jts.sh -listIssuedFloatingLicenses.   I do this to trend license usage patterns over time as well as collect information regarding the collection of users based on "business unit"

From the client side, one can look at "Recent Events" for a user ( right click user in the Team Hiearchy / Show Recent Events .. ).  That only populates something if the user has made some sort of change, not if they login and take a look around.

Other means depend on what information the J2EE application server can emit.   Tomcat can be configured to have an access Valve which records HTML activities with the user ID.   WebSphere must be configured to do Auditing.  Not sure what WebSphere Liberty can provide.    This data is available on the server side and one must use some sort of analysis to ferret out the desired information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.