It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

running the reports automatically in jazz reporting services

Venkatesh Prasad (21721) | asked Feb 28 '17, 4:52 a.m.

Hello All,

We have a requirement in our project where we need to prepare the jrs report results in excel format and then share it with client.
To do this, I have created 6 reports in JRS (Report builder is at version 6.0.1). These 6 reports are to be manually run every day and then extracted into excel and there, I need to consolidate all 6 reports into one excel and then share it with client.

I need to automate this process.
So, my question is
a) Is there a way to run the JRS reports through scheduled jobs or cron jobs, etc.
b) Can we automate the extracting of JRS report results into excel sheet through a job or through some command line utilities, etc..
c) Is there a way to extract the report results into the existing excel sheet. I know that when we export the jrs report results into excel, it does give us a option to do so by giving us a link asking us to copy into excel's 'Data--> From Web' . But what I need is to know if there is an option to do this in the background through some command line, api, etc.

Thanks
Venkatesh Prasad

One answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Mar 01 '17, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Venkatesh,

When you export the results into an Excel workbook you are presented with two options: Download a spreadsheet with live data and Download a static spreadsheet with the current report results.  If you select the first one (live data), the excel file will have on the first sheet a couple of buttons that you can use to make the results dynamic and to refresh them.  You can refresh your data at any time.

As far as I know, there are no scheduled jobs or automatic API's that you can use.  Using the button to refresh the data would be the best option.

Thank you,
Clara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.