It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you use MS Word Properties in RPE?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Feb 27 '17, 11:12 a.m.

I am trying to convert a working template to the MS Word Template with more detail and using MS Word Properties to create a more efficient Word template and cover page.

But I cannot find a good tutorial. I thought I saw one over the summer but cannot find it again. The 6 episode overview of RPE document creat from DNG by Dragos has this in it, and another youtube has it, but they do not cover it in sufficient detail. I am sure I am missing something simple.

Is there a thorough demo of MS Word Properties and RPE and DNG?

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Mar 01 '17, 8:39 p.m.

I have figured it out. And it is working now.

I know in the newer version you can just drop a template into RPE and it will make the page for you, but using a page out of Dragos' book... I wanted to have the Stylesheet handle all of the up front matter.

My problem was that I was not using the right Data Configuration.

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Feb 27 '17, 5:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you have MS Word template document, you can just import it in RPE. I suggest to look at the video https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/01/25/import-word-template-to-rpe-template/.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.