It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why Compnent in RTC SCM missing Copy URL option ?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173660) | asked Feb 24 '17, 5:32 a.m.

I would like to know the function implementing for Opening the Component.
Use Case: I know the UUID of component but I am not finding the method to open the component in the eclipse.

Second Question : Why Component is missing Copy URL option when it is available for Stream, Snapshot,Baseline, Repository workspace ??

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 24 '17, 6:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Probably because there never was a requirement to implement it. It is also consistently missing from the menu in the component editor. Feel free to create an enhancement request.

I am not aware if there is a URI for components that you could use to open it. There is no way to link a work item to a component either so it is hard to know how such an URI would look like.  

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Feb 24 '17, 7:11 a.m.

Use Case: I know the UUID of component but I am not finding the method to open the component in the eclipse or in the web browser

How can I achieve this use case?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '17, 7:20 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '17, 7:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. You can create an enhancement request and hope it gets implemented.

2. You can create a custom context menu that allows to use the UUID to search the component and open the editor. See
    3. You can create a context menu on the component and copy the URI, if you know how to create it. Then you might be able to use the Navigate in the Eclipse UI.

David Lafreniere commented Jun 20 '19, 2:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are writing Java (and have the component as you say) and want to open the Component editor, you can use:

ComponentWrapper wrapper = new ComponentWrapper(repo, component);
ComponentEditorInput input = ComponentEditorInput.newForEdit(ComponentWrapper componentWrapper);
ComponentEditor.open(page, input);

Related to the 'Copy URL' action, this is simply a case of not having enough strong requirements in the past to implement such an action. You can open an RFE or enhancement if you really need one.

Otherwise, if you are writing your own code, you could have craft such a url as shown below:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.