It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update of Tab Text for Work item when Tab is populated

Russell Ray (134) | asked Feb 23 '17, 4:50 p.m.

We are are using RTC and we have created a tab for the work item story.  This tab has several fields that are normally blank.  However, when the fields are populated, we want to denote the table Name in Bold or a color background to indicate there is information in the tab that should be reviewed.  

Is there a simple way to accomplish this?  

Thanks, 

Russ

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 24 '17, 12:03 a.m.

It can't be simple. You need a function/feature to test the state of of every single attribute within that tab, then set a property accordingly. I see no way to do either of the tasks.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 24 '17, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware of a way to do this. (except maybe custom attribute presentations). You would have to be able to do it in the Web UI and the Eclipse client.

There are no dynamic properties besides the hide if empty (for the whole tab) that I am aware of that would affect the display. 

The only other dynamic option is the required attribute by condition that you can not use, because if it shows the condition signals missing requirements for an attribute and you can not save.

You should create an enhancement request for a dynamic highlighting of attributes or tabs.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.