It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Benefits of 'Link by Attribute' Functionality

Rachel Heck (179) | asked Feb 23 '17, 4:29 p.m.

I'm trying to determine what the benefit of using the Link by Attribute functionality is as opposed to just going to 'Add Link to Artifact' and multi-selecting the artifacts you want to link to. What are some of the use cases? Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
June Boston (1942538) | answered Feb 23 '17, 5:49 p.m.

I think most commonly this would be used for mass conversion, in scenarios where data was migrated in but not properly linked.  It could also be made to do linking fast and easy when importing via spreadsheet.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 24 '17, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also when someone is working in Excel or LibreOffice spreadsheets to author or make a lot of updates ... and wants to upload, import and make links at the same time.

permanent link
David Sedar (2817) | answered Jun 21 '19, 10:50 a.m.

Be aware that in my experience, the link is made to the BASE artefact, not the MODULE version, that you might have expected.

It becomes obvious when you try to filter by Link 'Not Present' in Report Builder - ALL artefacts are reported, because of the way the links are checked for in BOTH the BASE and MODULE 'versions' of the Artefact.

I now have approx 13,000 links to be removed and remade.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Jun 21 '19, 11:04 a.m.
>>Be aware that in my experience, the link is made to the BASE artefact, not the MODULE version, that you might have expected.

If you use LBA in the artifact folders then you get base artifact links.

If you use LBA in the module then you get module context links.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.