It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User approved in blue group can not be added to RTC project - not shown in the list when I search for new members to add

Kathy Brown (11) | asked Feb 23 '17, 9:50 a.m.
***Please let me know if this is not the right place for this question and there is a help desk link to send this to.  I don't want to be posting things in the wrong area and wasting people's time. ****

User approved in blue group can not be added to RTC project - not shown in the list when I search for new members to add.

User was approved in blue group over 24 hours ago and is still not in list for RTC to add a new member.

3 answers

permanent link
Kathy Brown (11) | answered Feb 24 '17, 10:17 a.m.

OK that's the problem.  My repository permissions are:

JazzUsers
JazzProjectAdmins

But not JazzAdmins.  I have to determine who is my JazzAdmin.  Thank you!

permanent link
Kathy Brown (11) | answered Feb 24 '17, 9:33 a.m.

I am an admin to the project and I am not seeing any additional options on the far right of the users row when I hover.  Am I not the right type of admin then?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Feb 24 '17, 9:42 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '17, 9:42 a.m.

Possibly.  Use the WebUI to view your user profile(1).  On the right side there will be a "Repository Permissions".    It contains several items which if checked means you have the authority. 

(1) Click where your name is displayed to reveal a menu.  Choose "View my profile and licenses"

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 23 '17, 3:21 p.m.

Well, the 'blue group' term is IBM specific....   If you are Jazz Admin try looking for the user in both Active and Archived users.  If the ID was part of the registry in the past it may have become archived.  RTC won't allow adding archived users to project. 

Beyond that you might need to get with your RTC provider.

Comments
Kathy Brown commented Feb 23 '17, 4:18 p.m. | edited Feb 24 '17, 12:23 a.m.

Thank you for the information. 

I do see that previously this user was archived - so that's probably my issue.  Is there any way to un-archive this user?  The user shouldn't have been archived in the first place unfortunately.

Kevin Ramer commented Feb 23 '17, 4:24 p.m.

A JazzAdmin can re-activate the ID.   In the WebUI mouse over the far right of the row to reveal a couple of hot-spots...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.