It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending process with project operations

Oleg Kholod (1132) | asked Sep 09 '09, 10:33 a.m.
Hello.

I am trying to add several project operations with allowsPermissionSpecification="true" attribute.
I expect the operation permissions be assignable via Jazz Admin Project Area Management UI (Permissions tab).

My scenario:
1. My plug-in adds extension to com.ibm.team.process.service.configurationPoints point.
2. The extension defines a projectOperation with single action and a category the operation belongs to.
3. The plug-in is deployed on JFS via a separate update site.
4. Process template I have created adds a permission for role "default" and the operation (with "any" action).

The component was installed on JFS without any exceptions/errors. I imported the process template and created a project area. Unfortunately, I cannot see my project operation in Jazz Admin UI (Project Area Management / Permissions tab). In the rest (REST services and so on) the plug-in works correctly.

I have used plugin.xml file from com.ibm.team.process.service plug-in as a sample. Maybe I have missed something?

One answer

permanent link
Ryan Manwiller (1.3k1) | answered Sep 09 '09, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can think of a couple things you could try:

Review https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/TeamProcessDeveloperGuide#Defining_Operations_on_the_Serve

Include your plugin.xml here so we can take a look.

Also, you can ensure your plugin containing this extension is really loading without problems in the server. If you are using tomcat, you can turn on the osgi console and use the ss and diag commands to see if your plugin is loading. Add the following to tomcat\webapps\jazz\WEB-INF\eclipse\launch.ini:
osgi.console
osgi.debug

Then, after you start tomcat, type ss <enter>. You will see a list of plugins. Find yours and make sure the status is RESOLVED or ACTIVE. If not, do a diag <id> and it will tell you more info.

---
Ryan Manwiller
Jazz Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.