It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding Artifacts to a Collection

Philip Chapman (152) | asked Feb 22 '17, 12:04 p.m.

I would like to add all artifacts contained in a specific module to a collection.

When I select the target module, the window displays 1 to 25 of 137 matches. It appears that there is no easy way of selecting 'all' 137 artifacts. The selection highlight is only able to capture the first 25 displayed artifacts. If I navigate to next page, the first selected 25 artifacts are lost from the selection.
How can I easily select all artifacts from a large list (e.g. 137 in my case)?

Comments
Daniel Moul commented Feb 23 '17, 10:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can define and save a view that will identify a large set of artifacts. You can right-click on the view name and take various pre-defined actions on those artifacts (export, for example).  But add to a collection is not one of the options, as I recall.

Why do you want to add them to a collection?  What is your end goal?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 24 '17, 12:22 a.m.

Actually, I've found an easier way to do it, but am not sure it will suits you.
1. Browse Artifact (so forget about the Module View).
2. Navigate to the folder that contains the artifacts (each module usually has a folder dedicated to it).
3. Change the display setting to show 200 artifacts in one page.
4. Select all artifacts (tick the select box on the left hand side of the menu bar).
5. Click on the pencil icon and choose Add 200 artifacts to a Collection.
6. Repeat for the remaining pages if necessary.

Philip Chapman selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 22 '17, 7:16 p.m.

I guess the answer is no way, at least I myself haven't found one. A similar issue was reported here.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/233550/is-there-an-easy-way-to-export-all-the-requirements-artifacts-in-a-project-area-of-doors-ng-with-reqif

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.