It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Require the file to explicitly associate with a language definition before delivery

Alicia Mao (111) | asked Feb 22 '17, 7:52 a.m.

Hi,

I encountered the error when delivering a change set after checked in and got the review approval.

Problem
An unhandled exception occurred during "Check Language Definition Association on Files".

NullPointerException

Reason
Require the file to explicitly associate with a language definition before delivery.

Do you know how to get rid of the error?

One answer

permanent link
Alex Akilov (1211724) | answered Feb 22 '17, 10:50 a.m.

Your project admin added a precondition called Check Language Definition Association on Files in your process configuration for your RTC project area.  This operation can be found under Team Configuration->Operation Behavior->Deliver(client).  This requires every source member that's being delivered to have an associated Language Definition.  Language definitions are part of the Enterprise Extensions feature of RTC that associates type information with the source member for EE build purposes.  If this is Eclipse project contains source for mainframe or IBM i platforms, this precondition makes sense.  There are options to allow overruling that precondition and exclude certain file extensions from the enforcement.  If that's insufficient, I'd say that that precondition should be removed.

Comments
Alicia Mao commented Feb 22 '17, 10:59 a.m. | edited Feb 24 '17, 12:29 a.m.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my project contains source for mainframe or IBM i platforms. What shall I do to associate the file with a language definition then?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.